1. Mutual appreciation, respect and openness form the basis for everthing we do.
- Mutual appreciation and respect are the foundation of our actions.
- We foster a constructive dialogue culture.
- Our work environment promotes self-initiative and creativity.
- We accept different people and cultures and learn from one another.
- All employees are afforded the same opportunities and a proper work-life balance.
2. Leadership means taking responsiblity for the decisions we make.
- We live by the decisions we make.
- Managers serve as role models.
- We create transparent management structures.
- Employees who assume responsibility have management's support.
- Performance reviews are a vital part of the dialogue culture.
- The Management Committee has overall responsibility for the institute and for ensuring its long-term future.
3. Clearly-defined structures, responsibilities and interfaces are the cornerstones of our organization.
- The structures and rules of the organization guide our daily actions and activities.
- We create reliable processes through clearly-defined responsibilities and interfaces.
- Science and service work hand in hand.
- We adapt our structures to future requirements.
4. Communication and information are essential to our success.
- We place a high value on communication. We speak to one another.
- The sharing of scientific knowledge is the basis for successful project activities.
- We rely on modern IT technology to support the sharing of information.
5. The professional development of our employees and young scientists preserves our innovation strength.
- We offer an excellent environment for personal development.
- We consider professional development an investment in the future of the institute.
- Personal development is tailored to the needs of employees at all levels of the organization.
- We are committed to fostering the development of young scientists.
- Systematic employee surveys are a vital part of our development and growth.
6. Innovation through scientific expertise.
- We transform research into innovations.
- We are an experienced scientific project partner.
- Our solutions are based on excellence in the field of applied research.
- Our research gives us a clear market position.
- We offer an excellent environment for carrying out research activities.
- We make important contributions to the scientific community.
- We work closely with universities and institutions of higher learning.
7. Putting knowledge into practice.
- We transform scientific findings into practical applications.
- We help companies develop future products.
- We possess specific know-how and solutions aligned to the needs of our market segments.
- Our scientific expertise creates added-value.
8. We supplement and enrich our expertise with an extensive network of professionals from business and government.
- We work closely with decision makers from the business, scientific and government communities.
- We rely on our network to supplement our own expertise.
- We put together the right consortiums with our numerous partners.
- We are an active participant in scientific and industry associations.
- We provide employees the opportunity to develop extensive professional networks.
9. We align our innovative solutions with our customer's future markets and challenges.
- We understand the future expectations of our customers' markets and offer the corresponding technical solutions.
- We listen to our customers and work with them to develop individual solutions.
- Our work ends only when the problem has been solved.
10. We are a reliable and independent project partner.
- We deliver timely and resilient results that address the problem at hand.
- We achieve our results through a structured, scientific process.
- In accordance with the philosophy of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, we develop our solutions as an independent partner.
- We respect the confidentiality of the customer.
- We treat our partners with respect.
- We place value on long-term collaboration.
11. Satisfying society's needs on an on-going basis requires keeping an eye on the future.
- We align our research with society's current and future needs.
- We continuously examine new issues and expand our capacity and know-how.
- Our strategy develops through a structured process.