Connected automated driving relies on predictable communication. However, the quality of wireless communication varies in highly dynamic environments. At this year's ITS World Congress in Copenhagen, the Fraunhofer ESK is therefore presenting reliable, adaptive and hybrid V2X communication using a demonstrator. The basis for this is the monitoring and prediction of quality of service parameters. This allows communication quality to be predicted and applications such as platooning can be adapted to changing network conditions in real time and even beforehand.
Fraunhofer ESK offers:
- Monitoring and prediction of Quality-of-Service parameters
- Middleware abstracting from technology specific parameters
- Integration of cellular and adhoc technologies
- Service availability indication and graceful degradation for reliable applications
- Advanced network concepts, e.g. adaptive network selection in hybrid networks